Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Travel and Tourism > Moving

Notices

moving to Scotland

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 3rd April 2001, 04:24

Unhappy lynette

thats too bad, my dad is the same way, he and my "stepmother" have been living together for 9 years and he just won't ask her, no reason not to. "People are strange" if only your guy would forgive and forget, he's only got one lifetime to be happy in.
Old 3rd April 2001, 06:07

hey elmsella

thanks for responding
to be honest with you, I'm not quite sure what job I would want. I guess anything will do for now. I currently am a bartender, and was manager of an Irish pub. I have a degree in corporate communications, which is pretty braod. I have some computer skills and I'm a fast learner, easily trainable. The problem is actually landing a job. I'll check out that web site you included in your response. Do you think I would be able to get dual citizenship with holland, get a EU passport and then be able to live and work in Scotland? I'm going to call the Dutch Embassy tomorrow, along with a bunch of other places.
Thanks again for your help.
Jess
Old 3rd April 2001, 07:40

to jess007

I think your best bet would be to hire an advisor, there are several online and the embassy should be able to help you find one too. they are sometimes affiliated with overseas moving companies. they can help you find housing, work, visa requirements, etc. hope this helps.
Old 3rd April 2001, 11:59

to Lynette

wee town on the left along the Clyde...were you north or south of the river at that time? H'burgh is North of the river, and of course it would depend on which road you were on at the time.

elmy
Old 3rd April 2001, 20:56

Question milngavie maybe??

ahhh....North side of Clyde but after looking again at the map....hmmmmm... I do remember being able to slightly see Dumbarton Castle away in the distance? I think thats what it was.... Then turned right and off to Loch Lomond and Duck Bay Marina. (which is gorgeous!) Could it have been Milngavie? It was not far out of Glasgow and I guess that would have been the M8? Looked like lots of grey stone buildings and it was right on the river. It looked like a small town. I was so excited and everything made me delirious! This must sound funny to you. If someone would come to Pittsburgh and say they were enthralled I would think it very funny! But Scotland is magick and....
Oh, Elmsella, remembering that all, I just want to go back terribly!!
Old 3rd April 2001, 21:06

If you were headin towards loch lomond, then you would go through Dumbarton.

If you followed the river road to Helensburgh, you would come through Dumbarton, past the castle, through Cardross then into Helensburgh.

If you went to Duck Bay, then you would have seen Cameron House where all the rich people stay..Did you go to Luss?

elmy
Old 4th April 2001, 18:40

hi everyone

Hi

Margiecat:

most of the epidemic comes from cow meat. . About the job you mentioned to work in an airline, I've a friend who works for Alitalia and she has very little time to be with her family, in fact most of the time you travel a lot but just have very little time to step out of the airport.

Jess007: you should check if Dutch citinzenship can be passed to you. I know some countries have restrictions, for instance Spain does not allow citinzenship to be passed on women. They will ask you for a legalized copy of the birth certificate of your ancestor, including the one belonging to you or your family members who are in the middle so as to complete the whole line. Once you got your citizenship, a passport is issued. If you move, marry or divorce you should register those events in both countries so as not to have legal problems.

Hope I have been helpful.

have a nice day, talk to you soon.
bye Monica ( jig-a-jig)