Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Travel and Tourism > Moving

Notices

How to do it?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 8th July 2013, 09:54

Thank you, Tig and Kathyv. I've already written to Cardonald College with all my questions, and they actually just sent me a short e-mail containing a link to their site, which didn't answer any of my questions to begin with...Perhaps I should write them again. And I will write the other school I'm interested in, and then maybe one or two additional schools.

Have any of you ever been to Glasgow? I was reading something about the buses there. Apparently, bus schedules in Scotland are complicated and hard to figure out, though I can't think why they would be harder to figure out than bus schedules in any other country. I came across a few websites that were talking about that.
Old 8th July 2013, 13:23

i live in Glasgow

buses on the major routes come every 10 mins....20 mins for quieter routes and 30 mins for others...

so unless your wanting to get the first or last bus theres really no need to even look at the timetables....some buses meander all over the place though.

its not very hard to understand it when you do either but its easier to use this.... Traveline Journey Planner - [Journey Planner | Greater Glasgow | FirstGroup plc.]

you can also get the bus finder app for your phone too.

the train services are good here too...and usually cheaper/faster (plus kids go free if you buy a return......and a return is usually only 20p or so more expensive than a single so you would still save money even if your only going one way)
Cheap train tickets online, train times and train timetables in Scotland - ScotRail

or National Rail Enquiries - Journey Planner
Old 8th July 2013, 14:04

Thanks for the information, Tig!
Old 8th July 2013, 19:44
Super Moderator

I've been to Glasgow twice, spending the nights there both times and it's a truly interesting and exciting place to visit. I expect living there would be great, then you'd have a lot of time to just poke around, hopefully! There's a lot of beautiful buildings, pretty surrounding areas, lots of history, I think a person could find much to amuse themselves there!

Never did the buses or trains in Glasgow, but I was impressed with the public transport overall while visiting the UK, (we have none where I live) and I know it probably has it's flaws and such, everything does, but it seems pretty efficient.

Good luck with your plans, it will sure be an adventure for both you and your daughter!

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Old 3rd February 2015, 14:48

I finally found the answer to my question! thanks!