Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Literature and Film

Notices

Billy Boyd

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd July 2004, 03:43

Why, thank you Celtgal20! Sounds good to me....( he he he) Then I will finally be able to answer that age old question......What is under a scotsman kilt?

*~Ash~*

p.s. You can have him this week!
Old 23rd July 2004, 09:24

Quote:
Originally posted by scottishlover ... Tell me plz, then who you think would had been a better person to play Pippin. Nobody I can think of could have done it better then him...
Just about anybody of the correct stature could have carried it off better than Billy. The one thing he did bring to the role however, was the annoying characteristic traits one associates with Pippin from having read the book.

Quote:
Originally posted by scottishlover Um, I beg to differ. John Ronald Ruel(sp?) Tolkien was british. For all we know, he could have written the books, with british and scottish accents in mind.

The characters Pippin, Merry and Frodo were all born and raised in the Shire, (remember that Pippin's real name is Peregrin Took - from a long line of Tooks), hence it's illogical that one should have a different accent. How ludicrous would it have been if Sean Astin (a great actor) had retained his American accent for the role of Sam?

As for my right to criticize? If you have the right to heap praise on an actor, and I disagree with your opinion, do I not have the right to express a counter argument??
Old 30th July 2004, 14:06

Talking

Billy Boyd is GORGEOUS! I do not like fighting over people though, so I am quite willing to share
Old 7th August 2004, 21:05

Quote:
Originally posted by Spirit_Is_Free
Billy Boyd is GORGEOUS!
I am also willing to contend this issue. He is a skinny weasly little guy and you are all merely consumed by his fame and the fact that he is, sadly, Scottish.

I would suggest that, if instead of being an actor, he was a butcher's delivery boy, you would not give him a second glance.

I cannot imagine any of you nudging your friend to catch a glimpse of his worm like frame, struggling to pedal his cycle along the road, with his basket full of black pudding and lorne sausage.

Old 14th August 2004, 21:37

Talking billy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i'm a huge billy fan!!and a huge rings fan!!check out my coe members billy site, it has tons of hilarious billy and dom (billy's right hand man) quotes!!

http://www.councilofelrond.com/members/foolofatook014/

the one and only,
fool
Old 21st August 2004, 00:16

Arrow

Lol, bit huffy are we Rob? Oh wells, I get scrappy after hearing guys go on about how wonderful Britney Spears is because she's "hot", even though she's got no talent, is totally brainless, v. rude & vulgar, and quite frankly... she dresses like a complete trollop.

But anyroad, I do think that Billy and Dom did a brilliant job of playing off one anothers characters. They made Merry and Pippin v. lovable indeed.

"Stick it in the ground!"
"It is in the ground!"
"Outside!"
"This was your idea!!!"
Old 28th August 2004, 00:39

Lord of the Rings fan -TOTALLY!-
Billy Boyd fan -OH YEAH!-
Love his accent - love his humour - he is so gorgeous! Which is weird because he is old enough to be my dad but ........ HE IS HOT! I also loved the part in Return of the King when he was singing. I wanted to kick Denthor (John Noble) so hard! Eating so messy when Billy is singing! But he is a wonderful actor and very cute. *Dominic is great too! They are so funny together!*

Proverbs 45 & 46