Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Literature and Film

Notices

One film a week

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28th November 2003, 04:47

Send a message via AIM to victorrey Send a message via MSN to victorrey Send a message via Yahoo to victorrey
Talking

I was thinking maybe we should start something like a book club only have it be films. We see a film of the week and then everyone give their ideas and thoughts about it.
I'm open to all kinds of ideas too.
Anyone up for it?
Old 30th November 2003, 07:45

yup...

count me in

Old 30th November 2003, 08:13

Send a message via AIM to victorrey Send a message via MSN to victorrey Send a message via Yahoo to victorrey
Ok cool.
I'm seeing a movie tomarrow but since it's for a friends birthday it is up to him what we watch.
Or if you want we can start with one of the ones I saw last week "Love Actually" and "Gothica". Or if you want you can sugest one and I'll go to that. So far it's only two of it so right now it is easy to monitor. lol
What are you up for?
Old 1st December 2003, 16:13

Quote:
Originally posted by victorrey
Ok cool.
I'm seeing a movie tomarrow but since it's for a friends birthday it is up to him what we watch.
Or if you want we can start with one of the ones I saw last week "Love Actually" and "Gothica". Or if you want you can sugest one and I'll go to that. So far it's only two of it so right now it is easy to monitor. lol
What are you up for?
Hi Victorrey

I would also like to participate.. However, considering that people on here are from the States as well as Scotland, etc... I am unsure how all will participate if the movies have not yet been released from where they are.

For instance.. I have seen "Gothica" lol.. but Im afraid to give my views in the case that it has not been released yet elsewhere. I have not seen "Love Actually" as of yet, but I am looking forward to seeing it.

I just wouldn't want to ruin a upcoming movie for anyone.. so do you have any suggestions about this..?

I will give my opinion on "Gothica" if it is safe

~ Mistress ~
Old 1st December 2003, 18:21

Good point.

I would sugest that we mention what film we want to talk about first, and make sure that we aren't taking a chance of someone not having seen it.

Oh and we can add another to the list now. Master and Comander is what I saw last night.
Old 1st December 2003, 18:31

Quote:
Originally posted by victorrey
Good point.

I would sugest that we mention what film we want to talk about first, and make sure that we aren't taking a chance of someone not having seen it.

Oh and we can add another to the list now. Master and Comander is what I saw last night.
Oh No....... lol....

Ok I did a double feature last weekend.. I seen Master & Commander... and Gothica... lmao.. Now.. we cant speak of either.. lmao..

Well ya know wot.. I suggest, without giving away too much... we can perhaps discuss it.. eh? lol

Gothica ~ Emm... had its feaky scarry parts.. lol.. which is always good.. that unexpected thrill..lol.. however I will say.. I was kind of surprised at the turn the ending took.. I mean.. nothing in the entire moving leading up to it.. suggested that.. lol.. Which is probably a good thing. Holly Berry was good in her roll as well.. and Since "Less then Zero" lol (OMG im dating myself) lol.. anyway since that movie.. Downey has always been a favorite of mine.

Master & Commander ~ Well any movie with Russell Crowe in it.. I will for sure go and see.. lol.. "A Beautiful Mind" I think to date is his master piece.. Master & Commander was good. I was a bit disappointed at the low bits to the movie.. And actually I think it could have been better... but then again.. that scene when Russell has his hair down .. lmao.. OMG... lol.. That just made it all worth while lol

Now thats not giving to much away I think... hehehe

~ Mistress ~
Old 2nd December 2003, 08:18

Sounds good talk but don't give anything away. I'm up for that.

Gothica: I kind of ruined this one for my self. A big part of this movie is the being scared, and jumping. Instead I sat there analyzing it. I will say I thought the acting in this was really good. AS much as I am a Downey fan I will say when his acting has sucked it up and when it is great, and in this it was like he is in his prime. The ending I saw coming kind of early but that could have been because I was picking it apart. The worst thing in this film for me was the projectionist didn't seem to get the cropping of the film ratio right, so I kept seeing the boom mic. I would give this film an -A. I would give it more but I think there are too many leads to what is supose to be a surprise ending.

Master and comander: UG! Long, slow, and I never got really attached to any of the chacters. The only thing I liked about this film is the little details, like when we are supose to be on the boat there is always movement, not always a lot but it is there. Because of that attention I'd give this movie as high as a C+.

I think I'm going to a matinee Thursday I'll let everyone know about that one then.