Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Literature and Film

Notices

One film a week

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31st December 2003, 17:15

Quote:
Lol..yes mistress I have read the books twice now in my lifetime, though it was a few years ago now since the last time and like liza81 said its very possible the DVD will have the original ending in it. or not...but honestly..who cares.. it is what it is...
There are over 5 hours of footage, and 12 additional endings to watch on the DVD set. Sooo.. It will be there, if in fact, that ending was as good as you all say.. lol.. I am sooooo curious now as to how it ended in the books.. perhaps I will cheat and read the ending first.. lol.. (just kidding) Or maybe a wee birdie will tell me.. hehehe

Quote:
yes you should rent both versions really...the principle is the same though they really are two different films.. but i would say the original was better because it was funny... and the recent one was also very good..with its big stunts and explosions..yaaay...
Well I will do that.. I did actually enjoy this years version.. the part when the truck fell thru the street.. and to cover the hole, a huge metal side of the garbage truck fell.. hehehehe.. ermmm.. well it's watched much better.. lol.. but you know what part.. I thought that was excellent.. a lot of the scenes were.!

Quote:
oh and I do hope you did not end up strangling yourself watching..Tomb Raider-Cradle of Life.. cause boy did i regret going to see that one....sheesh
[/b]
Oh noooooooooo... lol.. Talon.. I actually liked it.. "NOT LOVED IT".. lol.. but I did like it.. It was entertaining enough.. It was fast paced.. action packed.. emmm... "Gerard Butler" is a sexy S.O.B.. lol.. Where in the hell did he come from???? lol.. His accent (real or fake) lol.. was awesome to hear.. lol.. It had me daydreaming... hehe.. and the fact that he was a bad boy.. just heightened it all for me.. hehehe... And "Angelina Jolie" is MY ultimate Favourite in Hollywood.. lol.. She plays a great "Lara Croft".. I think... No? lol.. Ok.. her accent is ok.. maybe not great.. but she had me believing she was English.. and she is totally HOT! lol.. Man.. she is gorgeous.. urggg.. I love when they pair up two totally sexy actors/actresses together.. lol.. I soooo wanted that scene on the ship to continue.. lmao..
I give it a B

I am sure there are tons of things wrong with many movies now a days.. but entertainment, is really all that a movie is for, unless it is a True Story, or something to that affect.. I guess.. If you (not you Talon directly.. lol.. but anyone) If you see a film and don't pick it apart totally... and just watch it for the entertainment, or perhaps a laugh, or the entrance into a world of make believe... then maybe it wouldn’t seem so bad.. Well.. that's what I do.. unless it is like OMG really bad.. lol.. I'll watch just about anything once.. (except Stephen King movies scare me.. hehehhe)

Anyway.. how I do go on.. that's it.. lol.. Oh .. I never watched "The Order".. lol.. Home sicky today.. so I'll pop it in shortly..

Happy New Year to you all!

~ Mistress ~

[Edited by Mistress on 31st December 2003 at 19:41]
Old 31st December 2003, 18:40

[QUOTE
I am sure there are tons of things wrong with many movies now a days.. but entertainment, is really all that a movie is for. If you see a film and don't pick it apart totally... and just watch it for the entertainment, or perhaps a laugh, or the entrance into a world of make believe... then maybe it wouldn’t seem so bad..
~ Mistress ~

Thats exactly why I go to the movies, you are supposed to loose yourself in the fantasy of it all. So GOOD for you that you don't mind that the movie is not exactly like the book(LOTR). I myself have read other books that have been turned into movies and don't usually mind when the movie takes a different turn here and there. But hey, there are people out there that like to pick things apart, so be it.

Dee
Old 31st December 2003, 18:53

Quote:
Thats exactly why I go to the movies, you are supposed to loose yourself in the fantasy of it all. So GOOD for you that you don't mind that the movie is not exactly like the book(LOTR). I myself have read other books that have been turned into movies and don't usually mind when the movie takes a different turn here and there. But hey, there are people out there that like to pick things apart, so be it.Dee [/b]
Hey Dee.. How are ya..? well.. you and I have the same mind set.. and I agree with you.. I remember reading "The Firm" gods a while back.. when I finally seen the Movie staring Tom Cruise.. urmmm.. it just .. well I don't know.. It was interesting to see the book come to life.. but well.. I knew what was gonna happen next, you know! What fun is that? I don't want to know what is gonna happen next when I'm watching a movie.. so that was the point I was trying to make..

Well anyways... You have a wonderful New Year... and Happy watching!

~ Mistress ~
Old 2nd January 2004, 11:30

[i]Finally watched "The Order" with Heath Ledger.. ermmm.. Ok.. perhaps a D- lmao..

I had an extremely bad hang over lmao.. yesterday morning.. (lmao.. afternoon) and I was dreading the days work-out.. lol.. so Popped the movie in just to prolong getting up.. I pretty much sat there in space.. It was slow...... omg slow.. and pretty much all about religion.. It was really just boring. The story line as well was on the, ermmm.. "eh? side" lol.. If I was not hurting as bad.. I would have shut it off.. lmao..

Sheeesshhh.. and I even have to pay a late fee on that rental..

Hope everyone’s New Year is off to a good start!

~ Mistress ~
Old 2nd January 2004, 17:20

I was going to my bed last night and I remembered that I never did get round to writing my review on the last of the Matrix movies....Matrix: Revolutions

I would have to say that I cannot believe I waited the time of three films and all the months in between for that crappy ending...I mean sheesh...talking about terrible ending...ROTK.. is not a patch on the sheer quantity of the bollocks of this Matrix finale...lol.. firstly there was no reason to even have a third film as they did not move the story on at all from the second...everything they told us in the second is how it finished in the third...also was it really neccesary to change the Oracle?..I mean i can think of no other reason other than she died during filming or something... and if there was ever a film that wanted to desperatly to confuse all around it by deliberatly trying to make something..actually quite simple.. into the cryptic mess this movie ended up... why oh why did they do it... all the did at the end...was start it all again...how dull! obviously the visuals were great, as usual..but i am afraid it left me wanting... I want to give it an A+ and i want to have loved it as i did the first two..but I cant..and didnt..so i will give this final uneventful instalment..a D.. I know it may seem a bit low...but there is just something about it all that makes me feel cheated...

Old 2nd January 2004, 17:30

Quote:
Originally posted by Talon
I was going to my bed last night and I remembered that I never did get round to writing my review on the last of the Matrix movies....Matrix: Revolutions

I would have to say that I cannot believe I waited the time of three films and all the months in between for that crappy ending...I mean sheesh...talking about terrible ending...ROTK.. is not a patch on the sheer quantity of the bollocks of this Matrix finale...lol.. firstly there was no reason to even have a third film as they did not move the story on at all from the second...everything they told us in the second is how it finished in the third...also was it really neccesary to change the Oracle?..I mean i can think of no other reason other than she died during filming or something... and if there was ever a film that wanted to desperatly to confuse all around it by deliberatly trying to make something..actually quite simple.. into the cryptic mess this movie ended up... why oh why did they do it... all the did at the end...was start it all again...how dull! obviously the visuals were great, as usual..but i am afraid it left me wanting... I want to give it an A+ and i want to have loved it as i did the first two..but I cant..and didnt..so i will give this final uneventful instalment..a D.. I know it may seem a bit low...but there is just something about it all that makes me feel cheated...

[i]lmao...

Hey.. Hold up.. Ok.. first I am sorry that you felt cheated.. I actually didnt like the ending either.. As for entertainment.. it was well and good I guess.. lol.. but your right.. but im confused..

Was that not the original Oracle with the wee girl on the park bench? eh? I didnt like that closing line when the girl asked the Oracle "will we ever see Neo again" and she said "perhaps or I think we will" or something like that.. That annoyed me as if it was implying more.. but darn it.. am I going nuts.. when did the Oracle Change?

~ Mistress ~
Old 3rd January 2004, 23:23

Since I spent the new years at my sister's I had to take some movies to watch. So here it goes:

Pirates of the Caribbean - So much fun, loved the sword fights. Have huge crush on Orlando Bloomnow. I didn't get to see it in the theater, which I'm sure would have been best. None the less i give an A.

Don't laugh, but I saw Chicken Run... yes...Chicken Run LOL. I thought it was very funny. My sister kept asking me to explain things when she couldn't understand what the little chickens were saying lol. In my defense, we were quite buzzed when we popped in the tape

I also saw Highlander the movie with Christopher Lambert and Sean Connery. I loved it. It was in DVD format and it was the Director's cut which meant that it had more scenes. I definitely give that one an A.

Dee