Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Literature and Film

Notices

One film a week

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16th December 2003, 00:53

So I have to rent 28 days later and House of 1000 Corpses since 2 of you have highly recommended both movies.

I saw Master & Commander two weeks ago and actually enjoyed it(my best friend draggedme to the see it)lol. I didn't get attached to any of the characters either, but since it dealt with a bit of history it made it interesting for me.

Saw Love Actually too, it was sweet but not entirely a "chick flick". It was over too quickly actually.

Am going to see The Last Samurai tonigh (again my best friend is nagging me into it)So I'll give you my review tomorrow.
Old 17th December 2003, 19:19

Guess you guys are busy watching movies or perhaps getting ready for Christmas.
Well I saw The Last Samurai and heres my review: Guys will love it because of the action/war sequences. Women not so much because of the action/war sequences. I LOVED it. Its dated one hundred years after the US becomes independent from England and it touches on some facts as to the Indian massacres here in the States. I definitely give it an A.
Hope you guys get around to seeing it.
Old 20th December 2003, 08:35

Send a message via AIM to victorrey Send a message via MSN to victorrey Send a message via Yahoo to victorrey
Money and time have been tight the past few days. I was thinking about going to see "Cold Mountain" on Sunday. Last Samuri is one I know I'm going to see I'm just not running to the theaters for it.
Sorry about all the time away like that but I'm moving on the first and still haven't found a definet place yet, so I've been a little stressed.
I'll talk to everyone soon.
Old 20th December 2003, 17:20

hi again...

well I am afraid I have nothing new to add this week....though I do have 5 DVD's on order so I will fill you in on them as soon as I watch them....welcome also to Dee...and I hope that victorry finds a new home soon...maybe santa will bring you one....he he

I also want to see the Last Samurai... but its not out here yet i dont think.... so I will see it in the new year...

happy watching

Old 21st December 2003, 00:15

[i][b]Welcome Dennisse

Ok.. only Movie I have seen since last time.. was..... LMAO... "THE LORD OF THE RINGS, RETURN OF THE KING" yeppieee.. ooohhhoooo.... lmao..

One word "FANTASTIC".. lol.. I cannot say anything more.. lol.. It was well over three hours long, and I had to sneak to see it between Wake Prosessions.. as my Auntie Died on Monday.. But Im sure she didn't mind.. lol..

Anyway.. Over three hours long.. felt more like 1 hour... There were a few parts to it that were slower then I had expected to see in the final "one" lol.. but all and all If your a LOTR Fan... you will enjoy this.. The ending left nothing to question, and I have even heard that the DVD (when it comes out) will have something like 12 different endings on a special disc.. lol.. That will be interesting to see.. I felt the ending was excellent..

I will say.. without giving too much away... or actually giving nothing away.. lol.. for I know the movie has not been released as of yet in the UK.. lol.. but the main rolls played in this one will surprise you.. The characters that we love so much in the first two.. were all still there.. but I was kind of surprised at how big some of the rolls were.. lol..

I will be watching a few additional movies.. but with the holidays.. who knows how many.. lol.. The Last Samurai Ive not seen yet.. but hopefully soon.

~ Mistress ~
Old 21st December 2003, 06:39

Send a message via AIM to victorrey Send a message via MSN to victorrey Send a message via Yahoo to victorrey
I keep hearing that Lord of the Rings is Fantastic. I saw the first one and didn't like the editing or cinematography so I didn't see the 2nd because I knew they were all shot together. Now it looks like I'm going to have to see the 2nd and then go watch this one.
Well weather I find a place or not I'll still be posting here at least once a week, and of course watch at least one film a week. I just wouldn't be me if I didn't. =)
Talk to you all soon.
Old 22nd December 2003, 20:21

I saw The Last Samuri last night I have to say I was very pleased. I honestly was not expecting to like it as much as I did. I would have liked to of seen a different actor then Tom Cruise in his role ( I just never find him that believable), and I really could have done without the hinted romance I don't really think it added anything. Other then those two little things I would have to say this was a fantastic film. One of the best I've seen in theaters recently. This film gets an A- from me. Check it out.