Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Literature and Film

Notices

Scottish Romance Novels

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16th August 2003, 16:46

Talking

I have read and reread all of D.G.' s books. Have Outlander memorized - sad ain't it. Anyway, there is a another author that you guys might like, at the moment I forget her name, all my books are in storage at the moment - but there are two books that are awesome - the first is not a Scottish romance, but it was the first that I read that turned me on to her ( oh wait I think her name is Jennifer Roberson). Anyway the first is called Lady of the Forest and it is a very romantic(blouse tearing) version of Robin Hood told through Marrian's view point. The second book is called Lady of the Glen and has a forward by Diana G. The second one is a romantic tale of star crossed lovers one MacDonald the other Campbell, it takes place during the Glencoe massacre. Both are awesome and I highly recommend - if you go to look for them you might find them in another catagory because Jennifer Roberson primarily writes Sci-fi novels.
And if you ever want to discuss the blouse tearing qualities of one James Alexander Malcolm MacKenzie Fraser just let me know ;.
Old 16th August 2003, 17:44

Hi bubleduck

No, I have not read anything by Christine Freehan. When I make it to the used book store again, I'll check to see if they have anything by her.

From page one I was hooked in The Dark Highlander. What a hot book. Kiss Of The Highlander is still my favorite though. I think it is because it was the first Scottish romance that I had ever read. I just love it.

I have read some paranormal (I think that is what you said) books. Two by Sherilyn Kenyon. Fantasy Lover and Night Pleasures. Have you read those? The first is about a Greek God and the second a vampire. I love vampire books.

I can not wait for the 3rd one from Janet Chapman. I love time travel that goes back in time, but, Chapman's aren't too bad either.

I haven't gotten into other historicals really. I am kind of stuck on Scottish historical romance right now. Just like Desertrose.

Anyways, I haven't gotten to my list of books yet. But, I will soon I promise. I'm such a procrastinator.

Ok, I'll talk to ya soon.
Old 16th August 2003, 17:47

Hi Catherine1745

I have the first 4 in the Outlander series, but I have read all 5. I pretty much know Outlander by heart, too. If it is sad then we both are I guess. I would love to talk about them anytime with you.

I have not read anything by the other authors that you talked about I don't think. I'll definately put them on my list though. Thanks.

Have you ever read anything by Julie Garwood? Now there are some hot books. If you ask me!!!

Talk to ya soon.
Old 16th August 2003, 21:05

scotland love....

oh wow you are the first that I have known that also loves vampire books....that is Christine Feehan.....they are great books and in series...so you get to know the characters and then read about them later....really good....here it the back of the first one called Dark Prince...
They were masters of the darkness, searching through eternity for a mistress of the light....
Prince of the Night
He came to her in the night, a predator strength and power chiseled his features. The seduction was deep and elemental; he afected her soul. His need, His darkness. His terrible haunting loneliness. Her senses aroused, she craved the dangerous force of his body. Burned for him. And he had only touched her with his mind.
Lady of the light
She came to him at dawn, his bleakest hour. As the beast raged inside him, threatening to consume him, he vented his centuries old depair in an anguished cry that filled the waning night. And she answered, a ray of light, piercing his darkness. A beautiful angel. Her compassion, courage, and innocence awakened in him an exquisite longing and tenderness. He knew he must possess her, for only she could tame his savage side and lift the dark shadow from his sou. Apart they were desolate, bereft. Intertwined physically and spiritually, they could heal one another and experience an eternity of nights filled with love.

Isn't that good? they aren't really vampires, but Carpathians...if they don't find the light to their darkness then they turn into vampires.....it is really good...
let me know what you think!!
Old 17th August 2003, 04:18

Hi there bubleduck

Oh wow!!!! Those sound awesome!!! I'm definately writing those ones down. How old are they? I'm just wondering if I should look in the used book store or buy them new.

Have you read anything by Sherilyn Kenyon?
Shannon Drake has a good one about vampires called When Darkness Falls. Have you ever read that one? Very, very good.

What other vampire books (authors) do you have? I would be very interested.

Thank you!!!

Talk to ya soon.
Old 17th August 2003, 06:43

yeah she is new......

but you can find all of them at wal-mart for cheap....I realized that after I bought almost all of them....grrrr.....well maybe you can find Dark Prince at the used bookstore...she started in 1999.....after you read that one I will let you know the next one in the series...she doesn't really let you know.....and a few of the stories are in those books that have four short stories in them.....I kinda figured it out but it was hard to get them in order.....and no I haven't read any of the other author's books...what are they about?
Old 17th August 2003, 20:55

Hi bubleduck!!

I'll definately look in the used book store the next time I go and I'll let you know what I find.

Sherilyn Kenyon I found by accident. I bought this book at the used book store called Born In Sin by Kinley MacGregor. Come to find out it was the same author. She uses Kinley MacGregor when she writes historical Scottish romance. I have read 2 in a series that she wrote called Claiming The Highlander and Born In Sin. They are brothers. She has a 3rd one out that I haven't gotten yet about another brother. Great books. I highly recommend them. Well, anyways, I loved Born In Sin so much that I got on her web site and e-mailed her. It was on her web site that I found out that her real name is Sherilyn Kenyon.

I picked up 2 books by Sherilyn Kenyon. They are the first 2 in a series. Fantasy Lover and Night Pleasures.

Fantasy Lover is about a Greek God that gets trapped in a scroll and only gets out when he is summoned by a women and he is her sex slave for a month and then he goes back in the scroll. Great, great book!!!

Night Pleasures is about a friend of his that is turned into a vampire of sorts. He's got all the things a vampire does except he doesn't drink blood and he hunts the real vampires. What an awesome book this one was, too.

If you like paranormal books I think that you will definately like these. This author in my opinion writes with the same kind of style as Karen Marie Moning.

When I read Born In Sin I laughed through the whole thing and then cried at the end. That's how it is for me with Moning's books.

If you get a chance check out these books and let me know what you think.

Talk to ya soon.