Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Literature and Film

Notices

Scottish Romance Novels

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14th August 2003, 04:29

ha ha ....

Yes they are, I made sure to only get the ones that take place in Scotland....do you know how hard that was? I had to read the back of every book I have to see if Scotland was mentioned, I forgot half of them, I have so many books. I felt like I was in a book store because I would read the back of one and go, I don't remember reading this, it sounds interesting...so I would put it aside to read later..ha ha But have you tried the bookrak? It is a non-club book club. they send you monthly things of the new books out, and they are also cheaper too. I was going through this months catalog and I found two new names for you to add to your list....Elizabeth Thorton, and Janeen O'Kerry. Sorry I cant remember it they were on your list or not, but you should try this online....www.bookrak.com
Old 14th August 2003, 11:18

Desert Rose new addy

So glad that you want to stay in touch!!! I had e-mailed you a couple of times but now I know why you didn't reply (thought you had fallen out with me!).

My addy is the same as before so if you would like to mail me, I would love to hear from you.

I must try some of the authors that you and Bubbleduck have mentioned as the only Scottish Romance books I have read are the Diana Gabaldon ones. I e-mailed her once to tell her I loved the books and she replied and was very nice.

Whereabouts are you from Bubbleduck?
Old 14th August 2003, 20:45

hello...

I just moved to Nevada I live in Las Vegas. We would love to include you in our little romance group...ha ha Now you have a nice little list to start your reading.....
Old 14th August 2003, 21:29

Hi there!!

Hello everyone!

I am new here but a great friend of mine (Desertrose) suggested that I check this site out. This is the first post that I have done here. So, please bear with me, I'm a little nervous.

I love Scottish romance novels. That is pretty much all I read. With a few Harlequin romances thrown in the mix when I run out of new books and haven't made it to the book store.

I have read all 5 of Diana Gabeldon's Outlander series books. Outlander I have read about 6 or 7 times. I just finished rereading it the other day. I would love to discuss anything about these books.

My favorite is Karen Marie Moning. I hounded Desertrose until she finally got them. I also love Kinley MacGregor. Have any of you read anything by her?

I will go through my Scottish novels tonight and make a list for you also. Maybe I can come up with some that you girls do not have. I noticed some that I do not have. I'm going to write them down because I'm always up from new ones!!

Oh, and I just love Julie Garwood's and Hannah Howard's books. I've read Ransom and The Bride by Garwood almost as much as I have read Moning's books.

Ok, I'll go for now.
Look forward to talking to all of you.
Old 15th August 2003, 04:26

hey Scotlandlove...

Are you the one Desertrose has been saying likes time-travel? I also like time-travel and I love Karen Marie Moning...aren't her books great? Do you just read scottish books like Desertrose or do you read about anything? If so I have a other authors I can give you.....my collection in huge!! ha ha
Oh, and Welcome to the site...hope we can talk more!!!
Old 15th August 2003, 05:16

Hi bubleduck

Yes, I am the one Desertrose has been talking about.
When I posted earlier I was so nervous. When I was talking about my favorite authors I wrote Hannah Howard. What I meant to put was Hannah Howell. Sorry about that. I got off the computer and thought what a goof. They are going to think that I am nuts.

Yes, I love Scottish time travel. Karen Marie Moning is my all time favorite. Kiss Of The Highlander I have read so many times that I think I know it by heart. I love that one and The Dark Highlander.

I also have the first 2 by Janet Chapman. Kind of backwards time travel but they were still good. I read this thread earlier and I remember someone mentioning Chapman. Was that you?

I will read just about anything romance. I love Harlequins. I have a million of them. Scottish romances are my favorite though. Right now I am rereading Highland Bride by Hannah Howell. I do not have any new ones. When that happens I scan through my collection and reread what ever catches my eye.

What other books do you like to read? I would love to talk to you anytime about books. Reading is my favorite thing to do besides oil painting when I am not chasing my kids around.

Hope to talk to you soon.
Old 16th August 2003, 10:16

ha ha

yeah it was me talking about Chapman...and don't worry about miss spelling...we all do it......
I have read all of those books....I love the dark highlander.....and both of chapmans books...have you read the new one...actually I don't know if it is out yet...but oh never mind I just looked and it doesn't come out until october...grrr...ha ha it will be interesting....
Oh I read about anything romantic..but I really don't care much for contemporary ones....but I have read a few and liked them....I got into paranormal romance a few months ago...that was interesting...I read everything by Christine Freehan...I think that is how you spell it...all her books were amazing....have you read any paranormal romantic books before? If you are interested I will let you know what they were about...