Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Literature and Film

Notices

Scottish Romance Novels

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 9th August 2003, 05:33

Talking hey fellow romance readers!!1

ha ha I love reading these books too!! Try reading books by Karen marie Moning...she does a lot of Highlander books..but they also have time travel in them too...very interesting to see how the heroine acts in another time!! hmmmm....have you guys read Jude Deveraux's velvet series? it is four books and all about the Montgomery family...very good too...actually anything by Deveraux is excellent!! They are funny and ...I don't know just plain great!! You should also try Janet Chapman's book Loving the Highlander..another time travel...this time the hero has to make it in her time period and he brought friends!! ha ha
Notice I like the time travel ones?! ha ha Actually I will read about anything, but these are a few of my favorites! I am reading now At Midnight by Maura McKenzie, (another time travel!) Very interesting so far...Ok I think I talked enough..
Old 9th August 2003, 09:27

Desert rose, from Memory the Daina Gabaldon Books go in this order:

Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager and The Fiery Cross.

I know The Fiery cross was the last one out of the four, it been a 4-5 years since i read these books but i think thats right. I heard a few years ago that she was writing another book in this series... So if anyone hears about it please let me know.! I keep checking the bookstores

I borrowed Outlander from a friend of my sisters, i couldn't wait for the next one that she was reading and was then going to my sister, so i just went and bought it. I'm not usually into romance novels, but i find it hard to put Diana's books down.
Old 9th August 2003, 18:17

Andddd.... there is another one Drums of Autum ( pls 4give my spelling it's late here but i can't sleep) That one fits in somewhere between Dragonfly in Amber & voyager...
Old 9th August 2003, 20:49

Re: hey fellow romance readers!!1

Quote:
Originally posted by bubleduck
ha ha I love reading these books too!! Try reading books by Karen marie Moning...she does a lot of Highlander books..but they also have time travel in them too...very interesting to see how the heroine acts in another time!! hmmmm....have you guys read Jude Deveraux's velvet series? it is four books and all about the Montgomery family...very good too...actually anything by Deveraux is excellent!! They are funny and ...I don't know just plain great!! You should also try Janet Chapman's book Loving the Highlander..another time travel...this time the hero has to make it in her time period and he brought friends!! ha ha
Notice I like the time travel ones?! ha ha Actually I will read about anything, but these are a few of my favorites! I am reading now At Midnight by Maura McKenzie, (another time travel!) Very interesting so far...Ok I think I talked enough..
Hey Bubleduck! Thanks for joining me over here where we can discuss Scottish romance.....sigh!

I LOVE Karen Marie Moning. I have read both The Kiss of the Highlander and The Dark Highlander. I loved the Dark Highlander the best! Whoa! I literally could not put that book down! What a hot book from start to finish! She has two other books I want to get too.

I have not heard of Deveraux or Janet Chapman so I have added them to my typed out list of Scottish romance writers. When I go to the used bookstore I take my list with me and stock up! lol

Right now I am reading The Legend by Kathleen Givens! Very good book and I am having a hard time putting that book down. However, I am kind of slow reading a book cause I am involved in other things such as artwork and this dang computer! lol

Keep the lists coming!

What are you reading now?
Old 9th August 2003, 20:55

Chelle!

Quote:
Originally posted by Chelle_b
Desert rose, from Memory the Daina Gabaldon Books go in this order:

Outlander, Dragonfly in Amber, Voyager and The Fiery Cross.

I know The Fiery cross was the last one out of the four, it been a 4-5 years since i read these books but i think thats right. I heard a few years ago that she was writing another book in this series... So if anyone hears about it please let me know.! I keep checking the bookstores

I borrowed Outlander from a friend of my sisters, i couldn't wait for the next one that she was reading and was then going to my sister, so i just went and bought it. I'm not usually into romance novels, but i find it hard to put Diana's books down.
Hi Chelle! So good to see you here! May I suggest before you give up on romance novels to read Karen Marie Moning's books! They are really hot and the Highlanders are the perfect specimens of men and the only ones who can please a woman! I think you will really enjoy them.

I just bought the Diana Gabaldon books so I really anxious to read them. Thanks for giving me the order to read them in! Take care! Speak soon!
Old 10th August 2003, 02:42

At Midnight

that is what I am reading, by Maura McKenzie...here I will give you the back of the book....Determined to get the story of a lifetime, newspaper reporter Trish "Mac" McAllister is hot on the trail of a notorious murderer. Taking shelter against a winter wtorm inside an abandoned hotel, she picks up an old pair of handcuffs with the initials EJY and instantly plummets back to 1892-where she comes face to face with sinfully sexy Everett Jared Yates. One of Pinkerton's finest, Jared's chasing the very same killer, and Mac is sure that, together, they can caputer this elusive time traveler. She's more than willing to risk her life for this dangerous mission, yet after a night of searing passion in Jared's arms, will she be willing to risk her heart?....ohhhh very funny and interesting book, highly recommend it!
Old 10th August 2003, 04:57

Oh Wow!

Thanks Bubleduck! That sounds like a real good and hot book! I have friend who is really into time-travel big time. I will have to share this book you are reading with her. This is actually a new world for me. I never read a romance novel in my life until a few months back I was in the store and saw The Scottish Bride by Catherine Coulter. I was hooked and now I am hooked on Scottish romance! Plus, I love the history of Scotland entailed into the books as well. Knight Triumphant did a lot of that.

Tell me all the different authors you have read regarding Scottish Romance. So far I have read the following:

Julie Garwood: The Bride, The Wedding, Ransom.
Karen Marie Moning: The Kiss of the Highlander, The Dark Highlander
Shannon Drake: Knight Triumphant
Catherine Coulter: The Scottish Bride
Kathleen Givens: The Legend