Scotland Discussion Forum

Scotland Discussion Forum (http://www.Scotland.com/forums/)
-   Household Hints (http://www.Scotland.com/forums/household-hints/)
-   -   5 Good For You Treats (http://www.Scotland.com/forums/household-hints/23258-5-good-you-treats.html)

Texasmujer 12th August 2005 00:32

5 Good For You Treats

* 1 oz. dark chocolate

* 1 sliced apple drizzled with honey and cinnamon

* 1 ferozen fruit bar

* Chocolate banana smoothie with 2 Tbsp chocolate syup and ninfat yogurt

* 1/2 cup fresh berries, watermelon or kiwi

WeeButtons 15th August 2005 02:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasmujer
* 1 oz. dark chocolate

* 1 sliced apple drizzled with honey and cinnamon

* 1 ferozen fruit bar

* Chocolate banana smoothie with 2 Tbsp chocolate syup and ninfat yogurt

* 1/2 cup fresh berries, watermelon or kiwi

Yummmmmmyyyyyyyy

My favourite has got to be the Sliced Apples. I used to make them all the time. October and November are a great time of year for them. Cause its oh so warm and snuggly.. lol..

But I first had them in a Bed and Breakfast up in Vermont years ago. It was freezing cold out and it was so good. I asked the Owner of the B&B for the Receipt.. I love them.. :D

But I do make them differently. I core the apple without going all the way thru, leaving the skin on the bottom. Fill the apples with a dab of OJ, syrup, cinnamon.. and something else I cant remember. Then I bake them for an hour.. and OMG.. delicious.. lol..

Texasmujer 15th August 2005 17:58

this is making me hungry... :cool:

thedentist 1st March 2011 06:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texasmujer (Post 364976)
this is making me hungry... :cool:

..and diabetic. my family has a history of diabetes--but i don't think i'm diabetic.
is there anything that involves mangoes? i like mangoes a lot!

2blue 1st March 2011 14:42

Mango-Tango!

3c.mango puree,sieved
1Tbs.lime juice
1/2c.sugar
3c.stiffly whipped cream,chilled

Mix first three items together and chill thoroughly

Just b-4 serving,litely fold whipped cream into mxture-(not mix)just enough that the mixture has streaks! (If feeling a little on the adventurous side...add 3Tbs of rum to to the whipped cream!) Ooooh bay-make ya wanna slap ya momma!(Jk)lol :D

2blue 4th March 2011 12:59

Funny- there was a notification on my phone that "Lisaden" replied to this thread asking me for a mango recipe for a diabetic! But I don't see a reply here :confused: anyways,I don't know what type diabetic you are,but you can type in"mango recipe+diabetic" on google and find some recipes! Hope this helps you:)

admin 5th March 2011 05:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2blue (Post 418972)
Funny- there was a notification on my phone that "Lisaden" replied to this thread asking me for a mango recipe for a diabetic! But I don't see a reply here :confused: anyways,I don't know what type diabetic you are,but you can type in"mango recipe+diabetic" on google and find some recipes! Hope this helps you:)

Hi 2blue, lisaden was a spammer who was removed from the forums.
Best wishes, Team Scotland.com