Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Household Hints

Notices


Handy Tip!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 16th August 2004, 14:27
Adela Adela is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 91
Hello everyone! I thought i'd share a handy tip my nanna taught me. If you ever get chewy gum (Bubble Gum) on your clothes never try to get it off straight away, it'll make it worse. Instead, put the item of clothing in the freezer until all the chewy is rock hard - it will be so easy to just peel it off then!!. Hope it helps!
__________________
~*If You Can Understand The Me, Then I Can Understand The You*~
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 18th August 2004, 23:05
Mistress Mistress is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,198
Quote:
Originally posted by Adela
Hello everyone! I thought i'd share a handy tip my nanna taught me. If you ever get chewy gum (Bubble Gum) on your clothes never try to get it off straight away, it'll make it worse. Instead, put the item of clothing in the freezer until all the chewy is rock hard - it will be so easy to just peel it off then!!. Hope it helps!
[i]I knew of this but a bit different.. My mum use to freeze the gum with ice.. then pull it off..
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 19th August 2004, 21:53
MDempsey MDempsey is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, Oregon USA
Posts: 4,541
I've always used liter fluid, not the barbecue stuff the stuff for zippos and what not, put it on scrape just a tad and off it comes. No residue left either!
__________________
* ~ Megan ~ *

To cherish what remains of the earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival.
-Wendell Berry
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 20th August 2004, 13:51
Mistress Mistress is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,198
Quote:
Originally posted by MDempsey
I've always used liter fluid, not the barbecue stuff the stuff for zippos and what not, put it on scrape just a tad and off it comes. No residue left either!
[i]lmao..

But I smoke Megan.. lol..



lol
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 20th August 2004, 14:35
MDempsey MDempsey is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, Oregon USA
Posts: 4,541
You wash your clothes before you wear them! No worries of going up in flames there!lol!
__________________
* ~ Megan ~ *

To cherish what remains of the earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival.
-Wendell Berry
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 20th August 2004, 14:42
Mistress Mistress is offline
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 2,198
Quote:
Originally posted by MDempsey
You wash your clothes before you wear them! No worries of going up in flames there!lol!
[i]Oh..

I thought you meant to douce myself with the fluid while wearing the item of clothing

lmao..

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 20th August 2004, 14:46
MDempsey MDempsey is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Portland, Oregon USA
Posts: 4,541
No, NO, you should probably remove them first! It makes the scraping easier!!LOL!!
__________________
* ~ Megan ~ *

To cherish what remains of the earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival.
-Wendell Berry
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC4 © 2006, Crawlability, Inc.