Notices

How do we define a Scot?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29th January 2013, 19:42
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastLazyGun View Post
So any blacks and Asians in Scotland (of which there are only a few in that non-multicultural, homogenous nation) are not Scottish?

Me thinks you have not been to Aberdeen as there are more than a few and I lived there long enough
to find that out !!!!!!!

Have to say the tit for tat comments are really nothing to do with the thread topic, it is:

How do we define a Scot !!!

Those of you that have been here long enough will know what I am going to say next.....KEEP ON TOPIC
or the thread could be closed !!
Old 30th January 2013, 05:51
Quarantined Users

Quote:
Are you really sitting there with a straight face and suggesting that Emma Watson, Joanna Lumley, Cliff Richard etc are NOT English?

I'm beginning to think you are taking the mick.
Yes I am . Why would my face not be on straight ?

You are the one who stated on this thread that they were Not born in England .
If they were not born in England how can they be English ?
Did they magically change their birthplace .
If so , tell us how and when this great miracle took place .

Or is that they have been given British Citizenship , and they live in the part of Britain that is known as England .

There is no third choice , the answer must One or the Other .

Remember , this is about facts , not fancies ,

so

One or the Other

And the same event that makes an English person , an English person
, makes a Scottish person , a Scottish person .

Have you figured it out yet Lazygum ?
Old 30th January 2013, 17:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by tig View Post
proof again that your trolling a subject you know nothing about since we're more inclusive to other cultures than most places in your right wing exclusion loving engerland.
What a load of rubbish.

There are hardly other cultures in Scotland for you to be so "welcoming" to. Compared to multi-ethnic, diverse England, Scotland is a homogenous nation.
Old 30th January 2013, 18:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxkirk View Post
Yes I am . Why would my face not be on straight ?
Because you are insulting everybody's intelligence by stating that Cliff Richard, Joanna Lumley and Emma Watson are not English, despite the view to the contrary which the vast majority of everybody else on the planet takes.

Quote:
You are the one who stated on this thread that they were Not born in England.
They weren't.

Could the difference be that the English see as English people who weren't born in England but live in England with British citizenship, whereas the Scots don't see as Scottish anybody who wasn't born in Scotland, even if they have Scottish parents and have been brought up in Scotland?

I think this just shows that the Scots are more racist than the English and less willing than the English to accept people born outside their nation as one of them.

To say that you have to be born in England to be English is absolutely absurd.

Quote:
Did they magically change their birthplace.
Come on now. Don't be silly. A person's nationality isn't necessarily the country where they were born. Otherwise, as I've pointed out, Emma Watson would be French (but she isn't, she's English) and Freddie Mercury would have been Tanzanian (which he wasn't, he was English)

Quote:
Or is that they have been given British Citizenship , and they live in the part of Britain that is known as England

In other words, they are English.

And what makes you think that there are no people who are born abroad as British citizens? What if they were born abroad because their father was serving in the British Army there and their mother was staying on a military base? What if they were born abroad when their mother was there on holiday?

All this talk that only people born in Scotland with European descent can be Scottish smacks of the Far Right.
Old 30th January 2013, 18:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babz View Post
[b][color="Indigo"]
Me thinks you have not been to Aberdeen as there are more than a few and I lived there long enough
to find that out !!!!!!!
Scotland, compared to England, is overwhelmingly white and homogenous.

A whopping 95% of the people of Scotland are white, just 1% or so are Asian and a tiny 0.02% of Scots are black.

Compare that to England where just 80% of the people are white, over 6% are Asian and around 4% of people are black.
Old 30th January 2013, 19:19
Quarantined Users

Quote:
Because you are insulting everybody's intelligence by stating that Cliff Richard, Joanna Lumley and Emma Watson are not English, despite the view to the contrary which the vast majority of everybody else on the planet takes.

They weren't.

Could the difference be that the English see as English people who weren't born in England but live in England with British citizenship, whereas the Scots don't see as Scottish anybody who wasn't born in Scotland, even if they have Scottish parents and have been brought up in Scotland?

I think this just shows that the Scots are more racist than the English and less willing than the English to accept people born outside their nation as one of them.

To say that you have to be born in England to be English is absolutely absurd.

Come on now. Don't be silly. A person's nationality isn't necessarily the country where they were born. Otherwise, as I've pointed out, Emma Watson would be French (but she isn't, she's English) and Freddie Mercury would have been Tanzanian (which he wasn't, he was English)

In other words, they are English.

And what makes you think that there are no people who are born abroad as British citizens? What if they were born abroad because their father was serving in the British Army there and their mother was staying on a military base? What if they were born abroad when their mother was there on holiday?

All this talk that only people born in Scotland with European descent can be Scottish smacks of the Far Right

When did I state anything along these lines ?

Quote:
All this talk that only people born in Scotland with European descent can be Scottish smacks of the Far Right
Do not lie .

Quote:
When have I said that ? Learn to read properly .
When you have done so , read what I have posted , and read the laws regarding British Citizenship.

Tell us , what exactly do the laws regarding English citizenship say ?
And produce the individual documents that gave the persons you have named English Citizenship .

Given that you do not know the difference between British , and English , and yet you persist in arguing with people who do , how could I insult an intelligence that you do not possess ?

Are the majority that you speak of as devoid of intelligence as you ?
Old 30th January 2013, 19:36
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babz View Post

me thinks you have not been to aberdeen as there are more than a few and i lived there long enough
to find that out !!!!!!!

Have to say the tit for tat comments are really nothing to do with the thread topic, it is:

how do we define a scot !!!

those of you that have been here long enough will know what i am going to say next.....keep on topic
or the thread could be closed
!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I guess that post was ignored so yes I am closing it now and if you wish to start a new topic
on the subject being spoken about feel free !!!!!!

It is a pity that I have had to do this as the original topic was interesting to a lot of people !!!!!

Closed Thread