Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > History

Notices

Rosslyn Chapel

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18th March 2005, 10:24

First of all Rosslyn is, pure and simple a place of worship never mind the allegories contained in her, she was built as a place of worship.
The Templars never built a preceptory in the area as they were disbanded before construction on the chapel commenced.
The nearest Templar holding to Rosslyn is Balantrodoch or Temple as it is now known, here the Knights had their headquarters in Scotland.
Cromwell and Monk far from destroying the place, venerated it, they housed horse`s there, nothing more. Cromwell may have been privvy to the Masonic symbolism that abounds the place.

As to the vaults, many an unintrusive scan has been carried out but the results have been sadly inconclusive.
The most recent one was carried out by Andrew Sinclair author of the Secret Scroll and John Ritchie press spokesman for MTS, but again the results proved negative.

If everything that that was supposedly buried under her was, the structure would lean to one side.

Being lucky, I live only an hour`s drive from the shrine, and have visited many times over the years, it is one of the most spirtual places I have ever been in , and no I`m not some religious fanatic.

Rosslyn is a paradigm that should never be scrutinised.

G

[Edited by rosslyntemplar on 18th March 2005 at 14:29]
Old 18th March 2005, 16:33

Rosslyn Chapel has a crypt. Big deal. So does most every other old church in the country!
Old 20th March 2005, 19:18

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottish_Republican
Rosslyn Chapel has a crypt. Big deal. So does most every other old church in the country!
Why, if so many folks suspect that StClair brought whatever it was to Oak Island, what then should be left at Roslyn?

Old 24th July 2008, 17:01

Wink Im going to Rosslyn Chapel !!!!!

Thanks for all your posts! What rosslyntemplar added was especially intresting.

Im going to Edinburgh in a week and Rosslyn Chapel is gonna get a visit from me. Im dying to see it, just for curiosity sake, you understand ! Dan Brown be gone!!

no 51 bus right ? - and early in the morning.....

oh yea, being a total tourist, (although irish people dont consider them tourists even in other people's countries!) is the Tattoo worth a look ?

Top o' the morrrnin to ya Laddie
Old 24th July 2008, 19:59

yes, early is best!

The Tattoo? I seem to get roped into taking visitors every couple of years, and I'm going this year, too - but not until mid-August. It's worth it, as a tourist thing, but remember, it's COLD up on the esplanade in the late evening. I've seen it in hail, rain and sunshine!
Please do not assume that any underlined links in my posts are MY recommendations. They are not. It is this American site taking advantage of members' posts about Scotland to boost their advertising revenue.
Old 25th July 2008, 15:03

Cheers Polwarth

Old 11th August 2008, 15:53

Im back from Rosslyn Chapel....

WHAT A FANTASTIC PLACE. !

I loved it! - the carvings were amazing, i attended mass on Sunday morning, and not being religious, but a bit spiritual, I felt very honoured to be there.

It is a truly great experience visiting the Chapel, and one I reccommend highly.

I didnt manage to get to the Tattoo, but the apartment was on Lawnmarket (opposite the Ensign Ewart!) so had bird's eye view of crouds, bands and fireworks. Had a brilliant time in Edinburgh with the Fringe, Jazz and millions of extra people milling around. I have to say, congrats to Edinburgh for being so welcoming. I met some great local people (in the Jolly Judge) on more than one occasion.

Im coming back next year if I can.......