Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Health

Notices

Contraception

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19th September 2007, 13:07

Send a message via MSN to the nutcase
Contraception

hello,

I would like to know if I will also be able to get my 3-monthly-injections(depocon - in austria) in scotland? do u have this kind of contraception in
scotland?
infos would be highly appreciated

thanks a lot
eve
Old 20th September 2007, 10:47

If you don't mind settling for a very vague answer for now, I'll say that I really cannot imagine there being any problem. It is *probably* known as Depo Provera here, although I may have the name wrong. I will try to check things later but I truly do not see that there would be any difficulty.

When you arrive at your new address, register with a local doctor ("General Practictioner"), which you would do anyway. Explain to the doctor, (and you can make sure that you deal with a woman doctor, if that is your preference) and everything should be fine.

There are also "Family Planning" Clinics, although it seems that the nearest one would be in Aberdeen

Quote:
Central Family Planning Clinic
13 Golden Square

Aberdeen
Aberdeenshire
AB10 1RH

Clinic - Appointments: 01224 642 711
Information: 01224 555 120

And if you had to visit Aberdeen and were bored after an appointment, well, then I suppose you would just have to arrange to meet up with some nice person for a cup of coffee. You know, if there just *happens* to be a Babz somewhere around.

(Also, in the unlikely case of unplanned disasters, the kind that involve condom accidents, you can go to the nearest doctor, if for instance, you are on a visit to a different town or something, - does not need to be your regular one - explain that you must get the so-called "morning after" pill fast, not delaying in order to get back to your own doctor, and that is fine too.)
Old 20th September 2007, 14:15

hello celyn!

thank you very much for the info - yes in some other countries itīs called depo provera - thatīs right.ah good - I would not want to switch for the pill so this is good to know!

oh yes- would be nice to meet with "a babz" in aberdeen...have to check this town out anyway on one of my free weekends
Old 21st September 2007, 21:57
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the nutcase View Post
hello celyn!

thank you very much for the info - yes in some other countries itīs called depo provera - thatīs right.ah good - I would not want to switch for the pill so this is good to know!

oh yes- would be nice to meet with "a babz" in aberdeen...have to check this town out anyway on one of my free weekends
One of my neighbours has contraception injections so it won't be a problem for you !!

You will have to let me know when you have settled in and we could arrange to meet

Wonder if we could persuade Celyn to come out of her Ivory tower to join us !!
Old 22nd September 2007, 19:36

hey babz!

now THAT would be great!!!! I am going to check out the huntly area round halloween ...so I guess it could be more than possible to meet soon