Americans Sicker Than English

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30th March 2007, 16:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedailyflash View Post
eat more apples and less junk food and youll get healtier probably

americans refuse to give up junk food
I dont eat a lot of junk food >_<

And besides, junk food and unhealthy eating habits aren't always the cause. It could also be in someones genes, or some type of disease where they gain a lot of unhealthy weight. That's what happened to my old youth leader in church. She had some kind of thyroid(sp) problem I believe it was, and she was big. But she couldn't help it. She always ate healthy too.
Old 11th April 2007, 16:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishlover View Post

And besides, junk food and unhealthy eating habits aren't always the cause. It could also be in someones genes, or some type of disease where they gain a lot of unhealthy weight. That's what happened to my old youth leader in church. She had some kind of thyroid(sp) problem I believe it was, and she was big. But she couldn't help it. She always ate healthy too.
While hypothyroidism can cause difficulty in losing or maintaining healthy weight, somehow I doubt the occurrence of hypothyroidism has much (if any) bearing on the percentage of obese Americans. Most Americans have backsides the size of a Mack truck because their idea of exercise involves lifting a TV remote in one hand and a cheeseburger in the other.
Old 23rd April 2007, 07:37

usa doesnt eat garlic so we get fat
Old 20th August 2007, 21:52

plz dont be bias

not all americans act like this, I am an American citizen still and am not hugely fat! Not all americans are morbidly obese abominations!
Old 20th August 2007, 21:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishlover View Post

I dont think all americans do this, but a lot blame this problem for thier obesity, I find this hard to believe considering I have seen a number of obese americans who use this excuse or " its my bone type "
Old 23rd August 2007, 08:00

Best Health Care ?

I am an American and think that our health care system sucks compared to what little I know about other countries. In fact, based on my own discussions with other Americans, we ALL think it pales in comparison to other systems.
Old 30th October 2007, 21:04

*most people do not have insurance*

The universal health coverage plan here is; "Don't get Sick!". Just 2 months ago I split my knuckle open while washing dishes (I was washing the inside of a glass) and I had to just hope that the bleeding stopped because I certainly cannot afford to spent hundreds of dollars on an emergency room visit to get stitches. Many people here are used to treating themselves for illnesses and injuries. Even if you do have insurance, there is still a copay and then if your insurance doesn't cover a certain treatment then you have to pay for it out of pocket. (The only time I regularly see a doctor is once a year for a "women's exam".)