Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Health

Notices

Strong Flavors Reduce Cravings

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26th July 2005, 18:24

Do cravings spur you to overindulge on tasty treats?
Enjoying some healthier foods with a flavorful kick might help quell your urges. Try foods with a bite, such as pickles and hot peppers---they can overwhelm your taste buds and ease your crvings.

(I'm running out right after I finish with this and am buying myself a HUGE bottle of pickles...I ALWAYS indulge in cookies!! I'll let ya'll know if this works...)
Old 26th July 2005, 19:21
WeeButtons

Quote:
Originally posted by Texasmujer
Do cravings spur you to overindulge on tasty treats?
Enjoying some healthier foods with a flavorful kick might help quell your urges. Try foods with a bite, such as pickles and hot peppers---they can overwhelm your taste buds and ease your crvings.

(I'm running out right after I finish with this and am buying myself a HUGE bottle of pickles...I ALWAYS indulge in cookies!! I'll let ya'll know if this works...)
[i]LOL

There are certain times I crave salty foods.. then certain times I creave Sweeties.. anything for a MULTI Craving.. LMAO..
Old 27th July 2005, 15:57

Yeah, CRAVINGS always 'get me'---and, I NEVER (or, RARELY) manage not to give in to them...the only way I have found to control this is to NEVER have ANY sweets or munchies in my
house...so much for MY self control---it is just extremes for me---I have absolutely NO desserts, or, I have bags of cookies, candy bars, cake, etc...I really PIG OUT! lol...and, I know better!! LOL (I think I've become resigned to this) *sigh*
Old 27th July 2005, 20:40
WeeButtons

[i]Texasmujer I am the same way. I dont buy anything unless I know its all going down that day.. .lol.. and if I don't finish it.. its in the trash.. I know big waste but.. lol..

I did buy some of those plastic Ice Pop thingys.. lol that you can make with what ever juices you want. I use crystal light drink.. very low in calories (about 5 or so I think) anyway, I've found that helps too..

Sometimes just doing something with your mouth works. I tend to eat when I'm bored so the Ice Pops come in very handy.
Old 25th February 2012, 18:25

I found that foods with strong flavours like chilli and curry helped me to give up smoking. Drinking diet/no sugar juice also helps with junk food cravings.