Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Genealogy

Notices

Campbeltown Scotland Alexanders

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 9th April 2014, 01:03

Smile Campbeltown Scotland Alexanders

Seeking information on Alexanders from Campbeltown Scotland. My GGG Grandfather John Alexander, born in Pennsylvania, USA -- was reportedly descended from Scottish ancestors. Recent Y-DNA results indicate my ancestors from Campbeltown Scotland. Looking for any information on Alexanders from Campbeltown that migrated to direct from Campbeltown to America or via Ireland.
Bruce
Old 17th July 2014, 13:33

Alexanders of Kintyre

I am a descendent of the Alexanders and so far have got back to John Alexander who was my gggg Grandfather. I think he married Mary Corner but not too sure about this as Johns first born William was born 21/6/1778 and I think Mary may have been born in 1764 which means she would have only been 14 at the time of Williams birth. John had another son - James, my ggg Grandfather who was born on 1/3/1780 and he married Margaret Muir on 20/2/1797. They had six children one being Alexander who was my gg Grandfather andwas born on 10/11/1805 and died in 1877 in Campbletown. This Alexander married Elizabeth Gilchrist, they had 5 children one being Alexander, my g grandfather he married Annie McPherson they had 8 children one being Alexander. This Alexander's had 6 children with his first wife and three with his second wife. Albert, Robert & Elizabeth. Robert was my father born in Partick 24/1/0/14 and died 19/2/2009 in Plymouth, Devon. Good luck with anyone tracing their Scottish Heritage. My husband hopes the Scots get independence so he can deport me back there!