Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Genealogy

Notices

looking for a book on Dundee Police

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 9th July 2009, 01:53

reply to AULD REEKIE

If you could send me your email address I will forward you the email sent to me by the very kind Officer which includes an attached copy of the book on pdf file. I saved it in my drafts and you can then read the book while looking for a hard copy Unfortunately I am still on the hunt for a hard copy, I'll keep you posted in case I find any.
Tricia
Are surely my own.
And those who toil here
In the sweat of their faces
Are flesh of my flesh
And bone of my bone.
Old 14th May 2012, 07:45

city of dundee police 150th anniversary 1824-1974

Hello I have some fantastic news for anyone looking for said book, I have it ! I bought a copy from a Dundee book collector 1 year ago and was told it is the last MINT condition one left. I'm willing to sell it
Old 14th May 2012, 08:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Beharrie View Post
I bought a copy from a Dundee book collector 1 year ago and was told it is the last MINT condition one left.
No doubt you were told this because it would explain the fact they were probably charging you more than it was worth. I nearly bought a book under similar circumstances once, but fortunately left it and found exactly the same book in just as good a condition for considerably less and there's no prizes for guessing which of the two book sellers is most likely to get my business in the future! (In truth, I would still buy from either one!)

Your post now Laird Beharrie strikes me as a means to get a wee bit more than you paid for it. My advice to anyone is to consider your offer very carefully (especially if it is potentially available free). Obviously if anyone things the Laird is looking for a reasonable amount then they're free to buy this last MINT condition copy!
Old 14th May 2012, 10:34

city of dundee police 150th anniversary 1824-1974

Hi thanks for your quick reply , I'm not looking to make any money for the book just get back what I paid for it . I bought the book as I am (was) an avid collector of Dundee police memrobelia but as me and my family have made a life changing plans to move to new York I think it's time for a change . I would rather the book went to someone who is really interested in it than it go to someone looking to make money .
Old 14th May 2012, 18:36
Username Removed

Laird, I can't help but be a teeny weeny bit suspicious to find that both of the posts you've made on this board are on this thread !
Old 7th July 2015, 01:37

Smile dundee police book

I was sent the Dundee Police book by a very kind gentleman from Dundee area and for what I believe was a very reasonable price. it arrived in great shape and I was thrilled since it was for my Mum..her father was William Brow a Dundee Constable for years.
I think if anyone is looking for this book like I was from overseas whatever you are willing to pay is up to you. I was really pleased with my purchace.
Thank you to everyone that took an interest in my request I really appreciate it.
Are surely my own.
And those who toil here
In the sweat of their faces
Are flesh of my flesh
And bone of my bone.