Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Family and Parenting

Notices

What is it about Scots women who've passed the menopause?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd July 2010, 08:28

What is it about Scots women who've passed the menopause?

How come so many behave like bitter, contrary, angry old *****es, even to complete strangers in the street ?

Wtf?
Old 23rd July 2010, 23:28

Possibly they are attacked by young student chaps, trying, in great hungry desperation, to steal the good pesto from their shopping bags?

Really, in what way do these people come along and upset you? Are they terribly scary?
Old 24th July 2010, 00:13
Quarantined Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celyn View Post
Possibly they are attacked by young student chaps, trying, in great hungry desperation, to steal the good pesto from their shopping bags?

Really, in what way do these people come along and upset you? Are they terribly scary?
Perhaps he had a run in with Granny Annie:

YouTube - "Annie, Eat Yer F**kin' Trifle!" (Granny Annie Angry Scottish Woman)

YouTube - Angry Scottish Grandma Swearing - Granny Annie

YouTube - Granny Annie Angry Scottish Woman
Old 24th July 2010, 06:46

Was standing at a bus stop yesterday, minding my own business. Leaning against the corner closest to where the buses stopped. A bus approached, not the one I was waiting for. This old bag walks up to me and starts telling me I'm breaking the law by standing where I am. Yet I'm standing a a public footpath, minding my own business. Its not been a great day and the witch catches me at a bad moment, so I tell her to f**k off and might have addressed her as 'mad *****'. Then she goes up a gear, telling me I've broken another law by using bad language and she's going to call the police. Anyway, she gets on the bus that stopped and f**ks off, thankfully. No, she wasn't a bag lady. Yes, she may have had a screw loose, which is why I didn't take it seriously. There is definitely something about old Scots women, thats loves a confrontation. If you break some obscure and unknown sub paragraph of their ettiquette rule book, then you will hear about it. Its kinda like...I'm old. My life has turned to sh*t. Now my husbands long dead from a life of smoking and deep fried pizza, I've nobody to nag to insanity, so if I encounter you on the street, I will f**k up your day. Why? Because I can and it amuses me. If my branch of psychology was adult or pensioner, then I might actually research this cause I really do believe there's a whole sub group thats a rich untapped seam of research. Then again Monty Python seems to have got it covered years ago with their Hell's Grannies sketches!
Old 24th July 2010, 08:40

Must confess, I've never met any of these Annabel Goldie types, the auld wife's I meet are silver haired charmers who rake their handbags for a sweetie foy ye, maybe it's time to flit to Glasgow chaps! wullie m
Old 24th July 2010, 16:37

Samuel Johnson said :
'there was no more impressive sight than "a grannie on the make"!''

YET,

R.L. Stevenson also coined the phrase,
"there is nothing so unedifying as a grannie on the make".

Be warned, grannies prowl and stalk, just be glad she wasn't drunk, smelling of urine and trying to come on to you.

You better run for your life if you can from the senile delinquents.
Old 25th July 2010, 01:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0001 View Post
Was standing at a bus stop yesterday, minding my own business. Leaning against the corner closest to where the buses stopped. A bus approached, not the one I was waiting for. This old bag walks up to me and starts telling me I'm breaking the law by standing where I am. Yet I'm standing a a public footpath, minding my own business. Its not been a great day and the witch catches me at a bad moment, so I tell her to f**k off and might have addressed her as 'mad *****'. Then she goes up a gear, telling me I've broken another law by using bad language and she's going to call the police. Anyway, she gets on the bus that stopped and f**ks off, thankfully. No, she wasn't a bag lady. Yes, she may have had a screw loose, which is why I didn't take it seriously. There is definitely something about old Scots women, thats loves a confrontation. If you break some obscure and unknown sub paragraph of their ettiquette rule book, then you will hear about it. Its kinda like...I'm old. My life has turned to sh*t. Now my husbands long dead from a life of smoking and deep fried pizza, I've nobody to nag to insanity, so if I encounter you on the street, I will f**k up your day. Why? Because I can and it amuses me. If my branch of psychology was adult or pensioner, then I might actually research this cause I really do believe there's a whole sub group thats a rich untapped seam of research. Then again Monty Python seems to have got it covered years ago with their Hell's Grannies sketches!
So, the short version is that you once encountered an unpleasant person at a 'bus stop? How very upsetting for you. I do hope you will recover from this trauma soon.

And, just in case anyone does not already know of the "Hell's Grannies" bit from "Monty Python", well, here it is.

YouTube - Monty Python - Hell's Grannies

I might sometimes think that I would want to be a Hell's Granny when I grow up. However my true heroine is Diana Trent. ("Waiting for God")