Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Family and Parenting

Notices

7 Pregnancy Myths Exposed

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 5th September 2005, 23:21

Getting huge IS part of the picture. My daughter is eight years old and I still haven't gotten down to my pre-pregnancy weight, except for one time, and that was years ago. But, you know, yes, pregnancy does indeed have its weirdness to it. For instance, I absoluetely love tomatoes, but when I was pregnant with Susan they and anything tomato-based were absoluely detestable to me. My poor husband (now ex-husband) patiently put up with my comments whenever he would eat salad. The cravings can be really strange at times (Why in the world would I be craving THAT?).

But, for the most part, pregnancy was a wonderful time for me, a time that drew me closer to the Lord as we worked together to bring Susan into the world. For many months, though, it seemed like a dream and I often wondered if anything was really going on inside me. Until I started showing. And then feeling her kick. She'd often play "hide & seek". She'd kick, and I'd tell my hubby and he'd stare and see if he could see the kick. Nothing ever happened at those times. Little monkey!

During the first 20 weeks of pregnancy, I continued my weight conditioning at our Nordic Flex Gold, including advanced abdominal crunches. After 20 weeks, it became too uncomfortable. However, I've often thought that that's why Susan's so doggone strong, stronger than me in some cases. The mother's prenatal lifestyle definitely affects the unborn child.