Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Family and Parenting

Notices

Birth Control

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19th August 2004, 17:23

Quote:
Originally posted by German-Lassie
@heathen, I know another way ... and it's damn save: castration!

I thought you're a scientist ... don't you know that anesthesias has a lot of side effects, it even kills brain cells? How many anesthesias have you had in your life, I dare to ask???
the truth is that most scientists cant explain exactly how aneasthetic works and abortion clinics advies woman to go local so they can change their minds at last moment but most woman go for general aneasthetic.
Old 19th August 2004, 18:56

But PDA does have its risks as well! And an abortion is definitely no "birth control" it's just irresponsible.
Old 20th August 2004, 15:08

Quote:
Originally posted by heathen
Quote:
@heathen, I know another way ... and it's damn save: castration!

I thought you're a scientist ... don't you know that anesthesias has a lot of side effects, it even kills brain cells? How many anesthesias have you had in your life, I dare to ask???
the truth is that most scientists cant explain exactly how aneasthetic works and abortion clinics advies woman to go local so they can change their minds at last moment but most woman go for general aneasthetic.
[i]

The women are advised to go with a Local, because the procedure takes but a few minutes... Putting a patient totally under would take longer then the procudure itself.. And they are also advised to do a local because of the risk that General has on a patient..

Oh yes, but I'm sure Mr. Intelligent.. that your right.. It must be so in the "middle of the procedure" the women can say.. Hey wait.. I change my mind.. can you stop now?

-pffftttt-
Old 21st August 2004, 16:23

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Lady_Deirdre
It is for me not quite easy to live with my hubby. We don't love us anymore but if I move out, he looses the apartment 'cause it's too expensive for one person. He is workless and the social system in Germany is not sooo great these days.
Is that your only thing you worry about? Noone starved in Germany recently unless he wanted to And if I recall it correct, unemployed (i.e Sozialhilfeempfänger) have more money on their hand as people who work. Think about it. Ok, in your case it could be a problem as you are married and therefore they might want you to pay him money ... but on the other hand, you have a child and therefore noone can force you to work full time. If I was you I would check out the possibilities. You deserve something better. I mean, he's cheating on you, doesn't earn any money but still can go to a festival? I don't mean to be harsh, I really hope you'll find a way to get through all this. I know how you feel, luckily I didn't have a child, so it was easier for me.
Yep, that's one of my probs, because I don't want to be like he is. We live almost from social welfare (i.e Sozialhilfeempfänger). I know that a lot people can't understand why we still keep up our living arrangement, but you have to see that my son misses his Daddy sometimes really hard. And when I would move out, then I would go back to school to get a better job, but still would there be the prob: Where to put my son! I want to work as soon as possible, but he doesn't stay home to take care of him. Besides I'm working 5 hours each week in a supermarket. I know that I deserve something better that's for sure!

Well time will show!!!
Old 21st August 2004, 16:34

LD -
Perhaps you have some friends or family nearby that could help you out. You shouldn't have to stay in a trustless relationship, hurting yourself in the process. You DO deserve better. Don't give up hope!
Old 21st August 2004, 18:46

Lady D,

how old is your little one? Is he not yet old enough to go to nursery school? This would give you the posibility to work at least part-time. I know that the situation is Germany isn't at its best at the moment, that's basically why I ended up in Scotland. But there's always a way out. If necessary tried contacting an information centre (Frauenberatungsstelle like http://www.frauenlernenleben.de/ )? Maybe you can find help there or at least get some ideas you haven't thought of.

I agree with castel, noone should have to live in a loveless place. Of course your son misses his daddy .. no matter how he is, he IS his daddy. But from what you wrote daddy doesn't care THAT much about his son or else he would stay at home more often and have an eye on him.

However, I wish you loads of luck, just don't give up. Someday you'll see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Old 28th August 2004, 06:39

Talking birth control

So I tried one of those birth control pills that's supposed to prevent periods, cuz we hate that crap. the stinky bleeding and all, eww! Anyway, I was only on it for 3 months because I found I had a 25 lbs. ovarion cyst I'd been incubating for about 5 or 6 yrs. I've also tried many other birth control pills and one I tried the morning after pill...Here's what I learned:
When you're married, you can't keep your legs closed because there comes a time you have to admit to youself that you want it just as bad as he does.
If you want to have sex, you have to accpet the risks no matter how scared he is. Cuz even though you want it, hands are fine, too. And if he can't get that, he can't get you either.
Birth control, no matter what form, can cause problems in your body. Every woman has to make that choice for herself. I won't take them anymore simply because there are far too many risks involved that are not worth the temporary prevention of pregnancy. But, you can have cyst and miscarriages and sterilization and son on, regardless of whether or not you've taken birth control. It's in your genetics, too. My cyst came up while I was still a bitty, young virgin. My miscarriage, which I only experienced 2 weeks ago, came after my birth control days. But, by the same token, my grand mother and mother both had multiple miscarriages BEFORE any use of birth control outside of abstinance.
So, form your own opinion. But I think abstinance is the only way to prevent pregnancy if you want to stay healthy, genetics not withstanding. And if you just can't wait to have sex, remember that you could be risking your whole life in those 5 to 10 minutes (normal time). And is it worth it? You choose.
So, that's what I think!