Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Family and Parenting

Notices

Birth Control

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31st July 2004, 06:28

Castel & Califgirl

[i]Aye.. it is not good.. and it don't matter if we try to tell them.. lol.. I didn't listen at 18, so I don't expect them to listen either

The old saying "better be safe then sorry" no longer applies here.. It is a sad thing, but this is what our world is becoming..

Thank you both for your input..

Old 31st July 2004, 23:11

For me "Implanon" (etonogestrel) works best. Compared to other contraceptives it has hardly any side effects and it lasts for up to 3 years. Once removed you'll be back to normal period and fertility is restored almost instantly.

( http://www.fpwa-health.org.au/Implanon.htm )
Old 2nd August 2004, 14:28

Quote:
Originally posted by German-Lassie
For me "Implanon" (etonogestrel) works best. Compared to other contraceptives it has hardly any side effects and it lasts for up to 3 years. Once removed you'll be back to normal period and fertility is restored almost instantly.

( http://www.fpwa-health.org.au/Implanon.htm )
[i]Hello German-Lassie

Thanks for the article... I am however very skeptical about this procedure as well... You may not have had any side effects, but we all know that each person will be affected differently. I am still in question of any birth control, but mostly ones that claim they alter your cycles... This one here... listed under the "Advantages" was can cause light or no periods at all

This to me just canni be right... A women’s body is made to have a period monthly. There are reasons for this medically. Also, every time a woman has her monthly cycle, she releases an egg that was not used that month. Now... the average woman goes thru Menopause at about 50ish... Maybe late 40's etc... And the time that a women starts menopause is based on how many cycles she has had... Women whom never have had children are in a position to start menopause much earlier due to the fact that they dropped eggs every month.

When a woman is pregnant, she does not release an egg for 10 months... and depending on how many pregnancies she goes thru this will alter the timing of when menopause may come into play...

If this method of birth control can prevent periods... as the other "new pill" out does the same, then what could happen medically? Will the women start menopause at the age of 80? lol.. gods can ya image.. lol..

I am not comfortable with anything (birth control) or not, altering the mind, body or natural processes of how we are suppose to develop in our lives...

Just Me
Old 2nd August 2004, 15:06

Actually it's not as unhealthy as most of you think (not bleeding that is). I discussed that with different doctors (good thing working in a hospital-well, not anymore). It's the same with most contraceptives, they prevent ovulation. That's why no (or hardly any) mucosa is built up therefore you can't bleed (much).

But compared with the pill this implant has less other side effects as well. Besides when you want to get pregnant and you were on the pill for a couple of years you'll can add a couple of month before everything's back to normal and you actually can get pregnant. Unlike the implant, when it's due for explantation you can be sure that immediately start bleeding with all these nice things (PMS, headaches, etc.) which you hadn't before ... and you can get pregnant right after the explantation.

But in the end everyone has to find his own "best" way. Considering all possible contraceptive this was the best for me.
Old 2nd August 2004, 17:38

Quote:
Actually it's not as unhealthy as most of you think (not bleeding that is). I discussed that with different doctors (good thing working in a hospital-well, not anymore). It's the same with most contraceptives, they prevent ovulation. That's why no (or hardly any) mucosa is built up therefore you can't bleed (much).

But compared with the pill this implant has less other side effects as well. Besides when you want to get pregnant and you were on the pill for a couple of years you'll can add a couple of month before everything's back to normal and you actually can get pregnant. Unlike the implant, when it's due for explantation you can be sure that immediately start bleeding with all these nice things (PMS, headaches, etc.) which you hadn't before ... and you can get pregnant right after the explantation.

But in the end everyone has to find his own "best" way. Considering all possible contraceptive this was the best for me.
[i]Well thats good to know about the bleeding part.. Thank you.. but I will add that some doctors won't have the same opinion.. lol.. Its that funny? lol..

Old 2nd August 2004, 17:58

They sure don't ... one gynaecologist I know would have never put that thing into my arm ... he's against all contraceptives ... guess that's why he and his wife have enough children to start their own football team LOL

Anyway, if I had a daughter I'd rather stuff her with hormons than having her pregnant at the age of 17.

The best and healthiest way is probably the idea a workmate came up with: eat an apple - no, neither before nor after having %§% (am I allowed to use the word? ) but instead of doing it LOL (although it might be less fun *g*)

Old 2nd August 2004, 20:35

Quote:
They sure don't ... one gynaecologist I know would have never put that thing into my arm ... he's against all contraceptives ... guess that's why he and his wife have enough children to start their own football team LOL

Anyway, if I had a daughter I'd rather stuff her with hormons than having her pregnant at the age of 17.

The best and healthiest way is probably the idea a workmate came up with: eat an apple - no, neither before nor after having %§% (am I allowed to use the word? ) but instead of doing it LOL (although it might be less fun *g*)

[i]I am gonna stock up on apples now.. lol...