Ready

aim

FIRE!

Go get 'em babz! LOL

Come to the Dark Side, we have cookies!

Old 29th January 2008, 15:45

Cool recipes needed

canny take alchohol to school!!!
whit kind of education are you getting for your tax dollars?

Lanny, white lightening, buckfast and four crown (for the discerning wino) have been tragically superceded by chardonnay, rioja and any pish from the new world in the name of progress.

worst thing ever was glasgow becoming european city of culture.
blinkered? aye. and mental for it.

On a ,ore constructive note ther is a book called (strangely enough) Scottish Cooking that gives many traditional recipes that modern twist.
Try Cullen Skink for starters, Roast Venison for mains and seasonal berries with biscuits and cream for dessert. get them on line from any reputable blog.
Old 29th January 2008, 15:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly14 View Post
Hey, I know i sould probably make my own thing but you guys were on the topic so..I'm also doing a project at school. its on our culture and my mom isnt here for when its due and my dad doesnt know anything so i was wondering if you guys could help me. I have to make a food from our culture and i was gonna make shortbread cause i know how to make it. but we have to list like all the nutrients and stuff on a tri-fold board and theres only 3 ingreidents so I was woundering if you can give me like a type of food to make that everyone like and has alot of ingredients so please let me know thanks alot
try clootie dumpling. it's a challenge for anyone! recipes on line.
Old 29th January 2008, 15:54

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by clark23 View Post
I live in the United States and am doing a report on Scotland in my cooking class. I need 6 recipies for the different parts of a menu : appetizer, soup, main dish, side dish, bread, salad, dessert. I can't use ny alcohol in these recipies; I'm making them in school.
no alchohol in school! what kind of extablishment is that? when I was a boy etc etc etc.

try cullen skink, venison with apricot and raspberries on biscuits with creme fraiche. all scottish apart from the creme fraiche but with 'auld alliance' with france you will get away with it. all recipes available on line.
good luck, and if it does not work, just remember, it's only friendly fire...........
Old 29th January 2008, 17:08

Leggit (or is that legit?) - most of the recipes you've suggested are already posted on this very site - the laddie husnae been back, ah hink we frichtened him aff!
Old 30th January 2008, 15:00

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwarth View Post
Leggit (or is that legit?) - most of the recipes you've suggested are already posted on this very site - the laddie husnae been back, ah hink we frichtened him aff!

never mind. it's the first time i've been on the site in a while. the poor kid is probably in the clock tower cuddling his m16.............:
Old 4th March 2011, 13:11
Quarantined Users

Welsh Rabbit

We came across thes old recipes for Welsh Rarebit (roasted cheese on toast), at one time known as Welsh Rabbit:

Butter the toast and pour melted cheese mixed with beer, pepper and salt over it

Toast both the bread and the cheese on both sides and rub mustard into the cheese

Pour red wine over the toast before adding the cheese

Bon appetit!

THIS URL HAS BEEN DELETED AS YOU HAVE ALREADY ADVERTISED YOUR SCOTTISH BUSINESS SO THERE IS NO NEED TO HAVE IT INCLUDED IN YOUR POST

If it appears again action will be taken by Admin concerning your membership !

Last edited by Babz; 5th March 2011 at 00:00.