Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Clans

Notices

MacDonald family tree

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16th November 2008, 18:37

Military Records - USA

Good afternoon:

If you are looking for Military Service records in the United States - they are centralized In St. Louis, Mo. the drill is this: you write to them and tell them that you are looking for records for you father, they will send you back a form that you need to fill out and sign, then you send it back to them, then they send you back a striped down verson - one of the guestions on their form is WHY you are looking for those records - you tell them that you are doing ancestrial reseach - from those records, you should be able to back up a bit in time - I did that with my daddy and granddaddy

Pirate Faery
Old 28th April 2009, 22:20

Unhappy Scots

My ancestors came from Scotland, and I was hoping to trace some of the family tree.

Content removed as nothing to do with ancestry..

I hope all of you have a great day, and may the Good Lord Bless each and everyone of you.

If you have a problem with any postings please contact myself, kathyv or admin

Last edited by Babz; 29th April 2009 at 09:26.
Old 28th January 2010, 15:52

any relative of me?

Hello I am Jorge Oswaldo Smith MacDonald am was born in Mexico, my Great Grand Father was John Smith MacDonald son Of Stephen Smith MacDonald and Harriet Reardon, He was born in Edimburgh in latest 1800s, and he migrate to USA, He was a Doctor he studied in: Colegio Medici Neo Eboracensis, St. Antonio Texas, Metropolitan Colege Of Medicine in Chicago around 1899, Vernon Academy of Mental Sciences de Rochester, Nueva York, EEUU en Psychiatrism around 1901. I have info about him, but I wold like to know more about his Mom an Dad an Before, I just have an Old picture of Stephen Smith in his Kilt (I think it is a scotish Military uniform, and he has a lot of Medals in the vest) see attachement but I would like to know more about relaitves befor them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stephensmith2.jpg (82.0 KB, 282 views)
File Type: jpg stephensmith.jpg (6.5 KB, 59 views)
Old 28th January 2010, 16:09

The first photograph is accompanied by a letter which seems to have been written in Nottingham (Nottinghamshire is in England). I couldn't read all the text, to find out whether he states WHY he was there!

The Scottish GRO has all births/deaths/marriages registered in Scotland - but you'd need to know a birth year and probably a town to know that you were finding out about YOUR MacDonald (as it's a fairly common name here)

Here's the link: it is not a free service, but so long as you marshall your questions, the cost isn't too outrageous!
General Register Office for Scotland - Family Records

Good luck with your research
Please do not assume that any underlined links in my posts are MY recommendations. They are not. It is this American site taking advantage of members' posts about Scotland to boost their advertising revenue.