Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Clans

Notices

What Clan is CASSIE

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25th July 2003, 11:06

Im searching for a lady called Ivory Cassie Stephen last known in Maud Aberdeenshire,Cassie is actually a scots name what clan is that anyone know,my mother was called Elizabeth Cassie she also came from there, Im seeking anyone who really knew her she was my birth mother I never met her ,,,would like a photograph if anyone knew her that would be around 1940-1944,someone must have heard of that name if its scots what Clan is it.Id like to know who my father was,,,,,,,,and feel she will know.
''Nobodys Child''
Old 25th July 2003, 20:27

Hi there, as far as I know, Cassie is a sept of the Stephens. I must look for further info, since I have not found any good page or info on that so far.

Old 25th July 2003, 23:08

Cassie is a sept?????? Wow. That's a new one on me. My sister's first name was Cassie.
Old 26th July 2003, 19:06

Quote:
Originally posted by HollyElise
Cassie is a sept?????? Wow. That's a new one on me. My sister's first name was Cassie.
Believe it or not, there are people who have Cassie as their family name... Anything goes if it comes to names.

Old 28th August 2003, 16:48

Clan Cassie

It looks like that the name "Cassie" is a sept of Clan Boyd. However, the sept listed in Clan Boyd is spelled "Cassy", not "Cassie". Either way, you are part of clan Boyd. There are variations of Cassie, just so you know. There is not just one way to spell it. It is just like the name Curry or Currie.

Good luck with your family search

Mike
Old 28th August 2003, 20:22

Re: Clan Cassie

Quote:
Originally posted by scotsmancd
It looks like that the name "Cassie" is a sept of Clan Boyd. However, the sept listed in Clan Boyd is spelled "Cassy", not "Cassie". Either way, you are part of clan Boyd. There are variations of Cassie, just so you know. There is not just one way to spell it. It is just like the name Curry or Currie.

Good luck with your family search

Mike
Thanks for your help, scotsmancd, I have to admit that I tried all kinds of spellings of that name, going as far as Casey, which is definately Irish. But I was mislead to Stephens...

Old 11th March 2014, 13:59

Elizabeth Cassie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBearcat View Post
Im searching for a lady called Ivory Cassie Stephen last known in Maud Aberdeenshire,Cassie is actually a scots name what clan is that anyone know,my mother was called Elizabeth Cassie she also came from there, Im seeking anyone who really knew her she was my birth mother I never met her ,,,would like a photograph if anyone knew her that would be around 1940-1944,someone must have heard of that name if its scots what Clan is it.Id like to know who my father was,,,,,,,,and feel she will know.
''Nobodys Child''
My name is Alexander Cassie and I knew both ELIZABETH Cassie and her husband Jim Cassie.Jim was my fathers uncle.Alas both Elizabeth and Jim have passed away but have three surviving daughters Ivory ,Athleen and Margaret who all live in or near Peterhead in the NE of Scotland which is not far from Maud. I keep in touch with Margaret so please contact me if you want more details

Sandy Cassie