Go Back   Scotland Discussion Forum > Culture > Clans

Notices

Clan McCraine???

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2nd June 2003, 19:14

Question

Hey all,

I am trying to find out more about my family history. I am looked at a few sites but then information that I have been getting has been less that inspirational. If you have any information that can help me out I would really apprecitate it. I am looking for anything and everything about my clan. If you can help me out please let me know.

rem
Old 3rd June 2003, 00:18

Cannot find MacCraine but have found MacCrain which is a sept of the MacDonald Clan
Old 3rd June 2003, 19:14

I found these in the 1881 Census
There were only 19 persons with the name Mc Craine in all of Scotland. 16 were born on the island of Jura Argyllshire, 3 of the younger ones were born in Greenock. Their father Murdock McCraine was born on Jura, If this is of interest to you we can furnish you with the details
Regards

Marhar
Old 3rd June 2003, 21:46

one more piece

the closest that i have been able to trace my clan back to is the isles of islay and jura. i didn't have any hard numbers though. that was a bit surprising. they seems to be practically dismal. there seems to be alot unanswered about what happend to the clan. i am missing so much information. this whole things is a on again off again hobby of mine. my goal is to eventually learn all the clan history and trace it all back to me. i am not expecting any over night miracles now mind you but every little bit helps. anything that you can provide to me is greatly appreciated.

thank you
rem
Old 3rd July 2015, 02:57

Marhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by marhar View Post
i found these in the 1881 census
there were only 19 persons with the name mc craine in all of scotland. 16 were born on the island of jura argyllshire, 3 of the younger ones were born in greenock. Their father murdock mccraine was born on jura, if this is of interest to you we can furnish you with the details
regards

marhar
i am very interested in your quote and would love to have the 19 names. I am stuck on a guilour mccraine, 1550 and the next one i have is hew mccraine 1650. I would like to know who is between the two of these mccraines.
Old 3rd July 2015, 09:11

Sandy the post above your was made 12 years ago so the poster might not see your reply....try sending them a private message and they might get an email.
Old 3rd July 2015, 20:01
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDY1943 View Post
i am very interested in your quote and would love to have the 19 names. I am stuck on a guilour mccraine, 1550 and the next one i have is hew mccraine 1650. I would like to know who is between the two of these mccraines.
If your reply was to Marhar, I am afraid that he no longer comes in here due to ill health.

If you can get a copy of the 1881 census you can research it at your leisure!